Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break

What is the best part about being back in the school system.... SPRING BREAK. Really, I remember that thing they called spring break, but we really go one! So we took full advantage every day. Here we are with the cousins at Baby Animal Days in Wellsville! On a horse drawn carriage ride.
Easter was fun this year with the Bubba. We went to Clearfield City Easter egg hunt at 10am. It was freezing cold, but there were a bunch of eggs lay ed out for the taking. Well when they blew the whistle, it suddenly became clear that if you wanted an egg you were going to have to be aggressive! Well...at the end of the exciting 1 min 27 second race to eggs, Carson ended up with 0. He didn't seem to notice his lack of eggs, but was very concerned about the lack of candy promised... So we luckily saw the Easter bunny had also arrived and we waited in line to get candy from him. Carson didn't want to socialize to much with the bunny, but was happy to take his candy at the end. So for a 1/2 hour of freezing he was awarded with on piece of salt water taffy and he was please as punch! Then we went off to Tasty's for some donuts cuz momma wanted her sugar for the day. (And its been a long time without donuts!) Then off to Barbars for egg dying and a real easter egg hunt where Carson was guaranteed 6 eggs! Ahhh success after all.The Heritage Center in Wellsville offers baby animal days every year. We found out about this and the kids got to go on a pony ride, train ride, pet baby farm animals and we even won some frogs. Spencer rode a mechanical bull and all enjoyed the wind...or I mean endured it.Thanks to Gma and Gpa Carson and Momma got Lagoon season passes this year for Christmas. We went with Gma, Gpa and the cousins, and oh man he loved it. At the end of the day he listed off all the things we did... "boats, and helicopters, and gma, and airplanes, and monsters, and dragons, and gpa, and spencer, and round and round, and big big airplanes, and another one, and cars and momma, and abby and another one and cars!"Whew, what a great week. I love just having time to hang out with that amazing kid. What a lucky mom I am to have such a happy little soul in my house.
On a side now and funny enough right during spring break, my school class had a graduation of sorts. Here we are sporting our Krispy Kreme graduation hats provided by our instructor for graduating from the first leg of our program! Yeah! We all made it to the next level and one step closer to being School Counselors. Congrats friends:) Its been a great year. Alexi, Karen, Lorilee, Laura, Jodi, Jill, Kim, Matt, Casey (not pictured Tim & Tracy)

1 comment:

marshfam said...

Jod- I didn't know you were back in school. YAY for you!! My mom got her masters to be a school counselor about 10 years ago. I'm me so I took a lot of her textbooks, I'd offer them to you but I have a feeling you're probably using all new stuff now! Best of luck! That little man of yours just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!