Wednesday, February 24, 2010

24 Hours

Somedays you think... little boy, what more can you get into. We have had 5 baths in 24 hours... but now the little guy is sleeping on my lap and could not be more cute so then you realize ... dang I love everything about it.

Here was Carson's day. Got up yelling Momma, chocolate milk! We got up made the milk. He then ran his toy car over my foot and against the wall, then chased after Tank. Spilled the toy box over and threw the cars at the dog.

Lets find something more productive to do I suggested and so we decided to paint.
While painting he thought it would be fun to paint the chair, and his legs, and the table, and sometimes the book. Book he did it while looking cute so guess its ok.
To the bath to clean up the paint then I put him on my bed to watch cars so I could go clean up the toys and paint messes. By the time I got back, he had taken the lid off his chocolate milk and poured in on my new electric blanket.

Back to the bath because he was soaked in milk, and mom started the laundry and cleaning the blanket.
Finished painting because I had not cleaned it up all the way. Great. Lets just do it.
We finally got out of the house and went to Artic Circle which has fun toys. Mom got Dr. Pepper to and carson ate his whole corn dog! We played till he was tired and nap time. Ah maybe I snuck in a little one too.
Then late at night he was having a hard time getting to sleep. This is not normal for my little sleeper. I usually let him cry it out but tonight I went to check on him and caught the last of him puking in his bed, looking so confused. Yes this is his first time with this much puke!
Back to the bath, laundry, and cleaner. Then we snuggled for a long time till he was better.

This morning he woke up again wanting chocolate milk. Hum...do you give a pukey kid milk. Well I did. Then he just wanted to cuddle so we watched elmo and ate a waffle. By the end of the show he threw it up on my bed and floor and back to the bath.

Now we are back in a clean bed, his sheets are still in the wash because he had a second round in bed.
Why am I writing this out? Because it helps to get it out and most of all, because somehow with a crazy 24 hours and little sleep, I am holding this little baby and loving him more than I did yesterday, so how is that even possible.
Kid are crazy, they cause you stress, heartache, and somehow I have more bruises than I ever did before! But they are amazing. This little Carson is such a happy, fun, creative, amazing guy. I am blessed everyday and greatful for him. I love you bubba. Feel better.
In momma's bed with WATER now. And a cracker. He's awake now and we are watching cars...his favorite. Climbing on the puter saying help you...this means hold me in bubba language! So off I go to help you.... a momma loves to help you. Thanks for listening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have for sure been there with both my kids. A billion baths, laundry and frustration from lack of sleep... but I still love them so much. Silly kids :) He's so cute, I love his hair!

Sher said...

After awhile, I finally figured out how to be okay with the kids being messy all day, and just wait until the end of the day and bath them before bed, because they're always just going to get messy again.