So yesterday we saw Carson smile for the first time. There have been some of small smiles in the past and a lot of the gassy smiles as he is dozing off to sleep, but now we really had some smiles. He was just waking up from a nap, his first time in the crip (up from the bassinett) and he started smiling. Matt came running up and we just sat their laughing and smiling with him. It is amazing that such a small thing can bring so much happienss.
Also yesterday we were at my parents house for family pictures and afterwards heard about our beloved prophet President Hinkley. He was the president of our Church, (LDS). We were not expecting him to pass away, although he was so very old, he just seemed like he could go on forever. It makes us appreicate the time we were blessed to hear from him, ever since I was in High School he was the prophet our our church. We feel so much love for that man. One time we heard him speak and I was sitting by my friend Jamie and he shook her hand and told her to be happy. It was so great.
Later we went to visit Grandma Holbrook. She talked about how life brings us these little babies from Heavenly father and then we get old and have to move on. Grandpa Holbrook just passed away a few months ago, so we were remembering him.
Well I feel like I have just been rambling on, so I'm going to stop and post some cute picture of Carson. He really makes our lives complete...we love him so much!!!
Ted and some friends came over to see Carson
Aunt Jenny and Cousin Synae come for a visit
Carson and his mom - going out to see Dad on his birthday
1 comment:
Oh, what a sweet little boy! That's so awesome that he's smiling already!
I feel bad about President Hinckley as well but at least he finally gets to be with his sweet little wife :)
Post a Comment