Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Liverpool

So indulge me just a little bit here. I know this may be a boring post for many, but I took a trip to Liverpool...home of the Beatles...and if you know just a little about me...I LOVE the Beatles. So the day was amazing as I saw the actual places that the Beatles began. I loved every minute of the day. So here is just a few of the wonderful things I saw....
Here I am on the actual Penny Lane...Hello...

"Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs, of every head he's has the pleasure to have known, and all the people that come and go, stop and say hello" {See barber shop}
"Behind the shelter in the middle of the roundabout, a pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray" {We are currently on the roundabout and they yellow building you can see on the right is the shelter}


This is the house Paul McCarthy grew up in. Its just a few blocks from John Lennon's. A golf course now is in between the two houses.Birthplace of Ringo Star. These houses will all soon be torn down. They don't know what do do with Ringo's house yet....tear it down brick by brick and set it up in a museum somewhere I guess.

House that John Lennon grew up in. He actually lived here with his Aunt.

"Let me take you down 'cause I'm going to Strawberry fields. Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about. Strawberry Fields forever." {These were right behind John Lennon's home, they would go here and hang out}


This is inside the church that John and Paul met. There was a group practicing and they stopped to sing to us Come Together! We all sang along. Happiness....


Birthplace of George Harrison. People still live in this house, I'm sure they love all the visitors they get twice a day on the Magical Mystery Tour buses. You actually get off the bus and walk into the streets where the house is.

The famous Albert dock, the Beatles have played here to thousands, this is also the place that the Beatles museum now sits.


"As we live our life of ease, Everyone of us has all we need, Sky of blue and sea of green in our Yellow Submarine"

"And all our friends are all aboard, Many more of them live next door. And the band begins to play...."
Inside the Cavern where the Beatles played as a local band. This is where they were discovered and went on to become who they are...
The original drum set. They were first named the Quarry Men. Only for a little while however...these was even before Ringo was in the group...

John Lennon looked up to and loved the music of Elvis. Here is a guitar from the King. John was quoted to of said, "Without Elvis, there would be no Beatles"

So there was my trip of Liverpool. I was in England for work. I worked over Valentines day...in my room they provided free Champagne and chocolate...so romantic for a work trip!

Carson saying goodbye go Mommy. I love traveling, but dang I miss this little kid when I'm gone!

And one last thanks to my work. Here was the birthday cake they gave me!!! Yup I love the donuts...so thought I would throw this on at the end...Thanks for reading my very self indulgent post!!!

5 comments:

J said...

Those are some great photos, I love the commentary.

marshfam said...

Seriously, Jod - Liverpool? Just start telling us where you haven't been. (that was the jealousy talking) I love the bday cake. It reminds me of the enormous donut we got you one year. You are so much fun!

Sher said...

Jodi, that is freakin' awesome! I'm jealous. Maybe when my bro is done with his mission, I can go over there and pick him up, then I can go to!
p.s. where my T shirt?
J/K

Anonymous said...

Great post! Although not that big of a Beathles fan I do love the song Strawberry Fields. I almost can become a fan because of your personal tour!
thanks

Kendell's Crusaders said...

Holy Cow, what a dream come true for you! I can't believe you got to go there on a work trip to boot. What are the odds????